One uber-constant force has been a man named Jonathan. He's been dominant beyond words and a freakin' joy to watch. Sometimes I just tune in for the ninth inning so I can watch him give birth to two K's and a weak pop-up to the second baseman. His K/Inning ratio is nastier than an open-faced peanut butter and snot sandwich. To top it all off, he just added a new pitch called a "slutter."









Another reason I love young Paps is the imaginary personality that he's imbued with sometimes. One of my all-time favorite websites The Dugout depicts him as a simple-minded, playful and excitable tot that can flat out throw gas. He gets similar treatment in a posting I found today on a blog devoted to Jon and his fellow red stockings -Papelblog - in which they recreate imaginary convos between Tito and Paps. Coincidentally (I think not), their blog shares the name with a posting from my old blog in July of last year. Here's a gem from the post:
"Pap: Tito, my man! It's Sox/Yankees, man! This is the stuff that gets your blood boilin' and your heart poundin' and you just wanna, you know, it just makes you wanna--
Pap: [starts spontaneously fist-pumping]
Tito: Sit down.
Pap: C'mon!
Tito: You pitched yesterday, you pitched two days ago. You know the rules. We talked about this. Besides, it's freakin' April.
Pap: ... C'mon.
Pap: [makes world's saddest little fist pump]"
I was LOL-ing my berries off when I read this. I even like the southern cool that Cinco-Ocho exudes in the real quote that inspired the blog entry: "Jonathan Papelbon: Uh, a lot of begging by me, I tell you what."
I was also pleasantly surprised to see that that the scribes for this blog are two chicas from Boston. I love to see females put the "fanatic" back in "fan" - taking the devotion to the level of a near-daily blog. They definitely roll deep in the sense of humor department. I bet they'd be fun ladies to hang out with... what's a little Red Sox blogging amongst pimps?
Pap: [starts spontaneously fist-pumping]
Tito: Sit down.
Pap: C'mon!
Tito: You pitched yesterday, you pitched two days ago. You know the rules. We talked about this. Besides, it's freakin' April.
Pap: ... C'mon.
Pap: [makes world's saddest little fist pump]"
I was LOL-ing my berries off when I read this. I even like the southern cool that Cinco-Ocho exudes in the real quote that inspired the blog entry: "Jonathan Papelbon: Uh, a lot of begging by me, I tell you what."
I was also pleasantly surprised to see that that the scribes for this blog are two chicas from Boston. I love to see females put the "fanatic" back in "fan" - taking the devotion to the level of a near-daily blog. They definitely roll deep in the sense of humor department. I bet they'd be fun ladies to hang out with... what's a little Red Sox blogging amongst pimps?

5 comments:
Um, where do I buy that figurine in picture #2?
Hey, thanks so much for the shout-out! I agree with you whole-heartedly re: the Dugout's Papelbon impression, sometimes I still say "IS HE EATING HIS CRUSTS?" to myself and laugh. There's actually a really awesome contingent of lady bloggers among the Red Sox blogging community. I would also recommend respectthetek.blogspot.com and basegirl.blogspot.com for all your slightly-insane Red Sox blogging needs.
--Kelly
(apologizes for the multi-post, html in blogger comments confuses me)
Post a Comment