The most exciting part is the integration of the sox "yutes" (youths) as major energy . Yesterday's victory showcased the talents of would-be future centerfielder Jacoby Ellsbury aka The Nasty Navajo. Since his early July call-up, Ellsbury's major league talents have been ready to pop like a samoan fetus in the late 3rd-trimester.
He plays like he's been there before. He gives any pitcher an assache when he's on base. And he supposedly going to be an even better defensive glove than current CF Covelli Crisp.
Throw in Ellsbury's natural leadoff-hitting ability, the front-office prediliction towards handing starting jobs to players they feel are ready, coco's very attractive contract.....all signs point to a starting gig in 2008.
I've also recently noticed some similarties between Ellsbury and mythical baseball legend Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez from The Sandlot.

Pretty shocking huh? Right down to the "intense baseball focus"....if "Nasty Navajo" doesnt catch on....we HAVE to start calling him Jacoby "The Jet" Ellsbury. Plain fits. Ellsbury's phyical similarity HAS to bode well for his major league career.
So then an interesting thing happened as i started Google Image Searchin' Benny "the Jet" Rodrigquez....i stumbled on some glamour/modeling shots of a young Jet....and i'll be damned if he didnt look EXACTLY like a young Laren Renee Olson circa 1997.

Now I started getting excited with the possibilites. It was only 2Am, and I was seriously amusing myself. I decided to take this as far down the rabbit hole as I could. So Laren, has been often compared looks-wise to actor Jeff Goldblum amongst me and my friends. I decided to see how this one played out....Laren circa 2007:

GET THAT MAN A DNA TEST POST-HASTE. Just uncanny.
Further google searching led me to photos of a much older, refined Jeff Goldblum. I was wondering what he had been up to, completely forgetting his role in "The Life Aquatic" and shortlived TV series "Raines" anyway....this new more-wrinkled, more distinguished Golblum bore MORE than striking resemblance to someone else familiar from my childhood....so I put my photoshop skills to the test to test my hypothesis.

2 comments:
beautiful comparison- simply jaw-dropping. i'm actually ashamed I hadn't noticed the similarities before. I can't wait for jacoby to steal home someday, which will officially seal the deal.
also, the nubile olsen photo had me straight rollin, son.
whats an assache? its sounds like asante's (samuel) twin brother
Post a Comment