Thursday, September 6, 2007

All aboard... or are y'all bored?

I just read something on SawxBlog about the whisperings that A-Rod may end up a member of the Red Sox at the end of the season. As repulsive as that is, I kind of agree with the author - I'd probably eventually be forced to root for him. I can't believe I just wrote that. It's a major "what if" scenario, but I just feel like my loyalty to the Red Sox will always blindly outweigh any personal opinions I develop about certain players. That's just the kind of fan I am... I still root heavily for the Mariners even though my boyhood idol, Griffey, is no longer on the team. All that being said, I really hope we re-sign Mikey Doubles and give Lugo a second chance before paying 50 billion dollars for a tranny-loving, purple-lipped douche.

At the risk of alienating our non-Boston readers with excessive Red Sox posts, I'll turn this into a little compilation of funny and interesting links to peruse at your leisure (pronounced: leh-zure) and combat boredom like Febreze combats stinky odors.

Seriously- monkeys NEVER cease to amaze me... this time it's a little scary though. A group of monkeys were legitimately sexually harassing women intentionally. They were making lewd gestures and singling out the women of a farming village in Kenya. My jaw dropped when I read this. If this is true, it demonstrates some really eerie recognition and communication skills on the part of the monkeys. What's next? Anti-semitic chimps?

A cool t-shirt retail website Threadless.com opened it's first physical outlet in Chicago. Threadless is unique because it allows the public to submit designs, and then vote on the public submissions to decide which designs get produced. I personally own a sweet dick-in-a-box t-shirt from Threadless. Check it out. Also, we should all come up with something for Popkin to design and submit.

Check out this new condom design. Not that condoms were really that much of a hassle to begin, but Travis Henry really has no excuses now.

This made me chuckle for a few seconds... but this made me laugh so hard I almost busted a man-titty... seriously, I think I cracked a rib. I love Phil Collins.. I love Gorillas. Put them together and you've got a winner in my book. This is way funnier than the commercial for that show about carpooling with Jerry O'Connell.

Lastly, news broke today that both Shaq Diesel, and Jenna Fischer are splitting from their significant others. I personally don't see this as a coincidence and have a little theory, that Shaq is Jenna's real-life Jim. The logistics of their... ummm intimacy... is enough to make my brain hurt, but part of me kinda hopes this is true.

That's all I got! Bonus points for anyone who can pinpoint where the title of this post is from.


No comments: