Friday, September 28, 2007

Mike Lowell is so bossanova

I hate Bob Ryan and his irritable, red-faced, slurred speech, alcoholic demeanor. However, I love this article on Mikey doubles. You gotta love the hard-nose workman-like 3 baggers that the Sox always seem to get (see: Bill Mueller who was voted the most beloved Third baseman in Sox history, Youk, Tim Naehring, John Valentin). Lowell Connectahhh was the only one on the team who had a consistent year. Even Dusty had a slumpy first couple of months.



Plus, as Alex and his twin sister have pointed out, he's got those smooth movie star good looks to boot... no homo. Shhh, what contract situation???

1 comment:

A-Pop said...

And he was a throw-in in the Beckett/Hanley trade!!!

He stepped right in to the most rabid Baseball city in the country, amid rumors of steroid use and an dead-weight contract and made us completely forget Bill Mueller!! And I dont mean this as a slight to Mueller (who was the hardest-working, get-the-most-out-of-his-ability, team guy on the '03-05 squad...)if anything, this just tells you how great Lowell has been the past 2 years.


I'll tell you the three biggest things I love about Mike Lowell.

1) His leadership. I LOVE seeing him talk to his teammates, like when a pitcher is begins to struggle, or Lugo goes 0-fer. He walks up to mound and just calms them down....its the same reason Tek makes $10 mil, and the same reason Derek Jeter is viewed as the backbone to his gay franchise.

2)His Glove.

3)His movie-star good looks.