Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Juno


No, its not the email browser I used into my early 20's. This Juno is a movie, and you need to know about it right now.

First thing of note, it stars Arrested Development alums Jason Bateman and Michael Cera (who don't actually share a scene together in the film) also stars Jennifer Garner, Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute from "The Office"), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde from X-Men 3) as the titular star and J.K. Simmons (J.Jonah Jameson from the SpiderMan Movies.)

If you told me that those actors were starring in a whimsical black comedy I'd be sold right there. If you were feeling extra descriptive and further told me that the movie would be tearing up the indie film circuit, garnering rave reviews and building buzz as this years "Little Miss Sunshine." I'd say it would be the most anticipated movie of the holiday season for me....then if you said it had grunge soundtrack that is earning comparisons to Wes Anderson films and "Garden State" in terms of usage in the film and overall hipness.....i'd immediately post a blog to inform my inner most circle. BEHOLD: FOX SEARCHLIGHT PRESENTS A MOVIE ABOUT LIFE...AND THE BUMPS ALONG THE WAY



(The line about the "stink eye" is just hilarious)

1 comment:

Scott said...

I love movies that somehow manage to be uplifting and depressing at the same time... they cover the full range of emotions. Although, Wes Anderson movies tend to do this and I've never been a big fan of him. I'd be a horribly inconsistent movie critic.