
Wow- I gotta say I really love watching this team. They definitely brought me through some ups
and downs this series. There's no one on this team that I dislike. Previously, I had qualms with Drew's under-performance, but as I said to Alex in a text immediately after he bombed that 3-1 pitch to straight-away center; "...then you go and do something like that... and TOTALLY redeem yourself!!"
I've got a lot more to say about this year and this team. Throughout the course of the season, I lived in enemy territory in New York (watching all the games on my laptop on MLBTV) and I moved back to Boston just in time for the playoffs, so it's been a great ride for me and I have a lot more to say. I just wanted to get a quick celebratory post up and I'll wax philosophical later on....
(POSTING INTERRUPTED BY A CALL FROM A DRUNK POPKIN)
This is one thing that made it a little bittersweet. I do like the Indians. I do believe that Francona and Theo were not exaggerating for the sake of politeness when they were talking about what a great franchise and organization they are. It's sad to see them go and I hope they get another shot sometime soon - not at the expense of the Sox. Also, Victor is a salty pimp. Seeing him cry would have put a lump in my throat if it wasn't for the champagne I was guzzling. The Indians didn't lose because of any little plays (see Kenny Lofton's two baserunning controversies), they lost because their big players didn't come up big when it mattered (see Sabathia, Carmona, Pronk, Sizemore). Victor is the one exception. He deserved better.
That being said - this is sweet. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go riverdance to bed. I gotta work tomorrow... sheeeiiitt.
and downs this series. There's no one on this team that I dislike. Previously, I had qualms with Drew's under-performance, but as I said to Alex in a text immediately after he bombed that 3-1 pitch to straight-away center; "...then you go and do something like that... and TOTALLY redeem yourself!!"I've got a lot more to say about this year and this team. Throughout the course of the season, I lived in enemy territory in New York (watching all the games on my laptop on MLBTV) and I moved back to Boston just in time for the playoffs, so it's been a great ride for me and I have a lot more to say. I just wanted to get a quick celebratory post up and I'll wax philosophical later on....
(POSTING INTERRUPTED BY A CALL FROM A DRUNK POPKIN)
This is one thing that made it a little bittersweet. I do like the Indians. I do believe that Francona and Theo were not exaggerating for the sake of politeness when they were talking about what a great franchise and organization they are. It's sad to see them go and I hope they get another shot sometime soon - not at the expense of the Sox. Also, Victor is a salty pimp. Seeing him cry would have put a lump in my throat if it wasn't for the champagne I was guzzling. The Indians didn't lose because of any little plays (see Kenny Lofton's two baserunning controversies), they lost because their big players didn't come up big when it mattered (see Sabathia, Carmona, Pronk, Sizemore). Victor is the one exception. He deserved better.That being said - this is sweet. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go riverdance to bed. I gotta work tomorrow... sheeeiiitt.


1 comment:
true dat to the indians.
the indians are a scrappy bunch. and a fantastically run franchise with a very savvy GM, great fanbase and maybe the greatest ballpark in the nation.
The tribe played above expectations in 2005 and coughed up a playoff spot in the last week, which was just written off as to youth and inexperience ...and scotts right, they're 2 big workhorses crapped the bed.
i especially dont understand how Carmona could carve up the Yanks like a butterball, enduring several biblical plagues (locusts, cattle disease) and then lay a sizeable egg.
the really bittersweet thing about the smaller market teams is that ever-present window in which you never know how long you can keep your stars locked up and are always mindful of the re-building process which looms. hopefully tho for C.C. , Grady, Hafner and Victor they've got another push left in them.
Post a Comment