Friday, February 29, 2008

Somewhere Tommy Heinsohn just jizzed on himself

So I'm watching the Louisville/Notre Dame game unfold last night and as Louisville came screaming out of the gates and took a 15 point lead, the camera pans the sidelines. Who do my little eyes spy? None other than Walter McCarty!!

For those of you who don't know, Walter is a Celtics legend from the days when our team SUCKED (circa anytime before this year). He was a joy to watch in an otherwise bleak landscape of untalented Celtics players. Tommy Heinsohn, the Celtics television broadcast color guy and former hustler extraordinaire, LOVED Walter. He would actually shout "I love WALTAAAHHH" everytime the guy did anything good whatsoever. I mean I honestly think there's a good chance that it might have been a sexual thing. Tommy gives out "Tommy points" throughout the course of the game for good hustle plays. Walter is unquestionably the all-time career leader in Tommy points. No one will ever take him down. Not even Big Baby (as consolation, he will certain go down in history for record breaking coy smiles) or Leon Powe.

So I checked around a little bit and sure enough, Walter is the assistant coach at Louisville. Walter played under Pitino - the current head coach at Louisville - at Kentucky and on the Celts. It makes so much sense. I learned something last night... It's now what you know in life, it is who you know. Also, I learned that I now love Louisville. Concurrently, I have an unnatural amount of hate for Luke Harangody from Notre Dame. Seriously, that guy is a total DOUCHE. Grow some eyebrows, ass!

No comments: