Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Could have easily been the best superbowl commercial


So I'm not sure why Budweiser chose not to air this commercial. It easily would have been the best in a crop of sub par Super Bowl commercials. Farts are ALWAYS funny. Always. So are fat people falling and animals dressed like people. I'm just astounded they chose to go with the fire breathing ability spot or the cavemen ad instead of this one. Cavemen aren't funny anymore. If we wanted to watch cavemen, we'd just turn on a San Francisco Giants game... get it? Steroids not funny anymore? OK, you win...




One quick note for after you watch the clip, Tad pointed out... why would anyone ever be pinching a loaf of bread? Still funny, but it's not like it's a normal thing to say, "hey guys if you need me, I'll be in the back gently squeezing this french bread between my thumb and forefinger." I still applaud the effort and the execution. They just lacked the balls to air a commercial built around fart jokes. What a shame...

No comments: