Friday, February 1, 2008

This post has nothing to do with Rocky movies...


At first I saw that ESPN polled a bunch of celebs for their Superbowl picks and I thought, "Wow, that's stupid. Who cares what Ja Rule thinks??" Then I clicked the link and admittedly I could not stop reading. Deep down I wish the nerd in me could have put this into an Excel spreadsheet and done some goofy analysis on it... sorting the info based on intelligence, star-quality, etc. Sadly, it's Friday and I have better shit to do.

A few quick thoughts:

...Noteworthy folks who picked the Giants - Paul Newman (awesome guy, but saldy he's senile now), Dolph Lundgren, The guy who wrote the Dilbert comic strip, Miss USA, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Yogi Berra, the mayor of NYC (shocker) and the entire cast of the Sopranos (also a shocker)... Almost all of the athletes picked the Patriots (NASCAR doesn't really count) except Shaq (what's up with that big guy?) which I think tells you something about people who have a good grasp on the dynamics of competition and dominance... Something makes me feel good that we have Mike Eruzione (miracle on ice) on our side... No one cares what you think Dione Warwick or Joan Jett... everyone who cites the fact that the Giants are "on a roll" really pisses me off. How's 18-0 for a roll?? Plus a two week hiatus tends to cool a team off and let their true colors show through... The Pats played fairly poorly in week 16 and the Giants played as well as they possibly could have. We still won.... That being said, it's the SuperBowl and anything can happen... even Carl Weathers knows that he Pats will win!!

No comments: