Thursday, January 17, 2008

Something even loser, non-New England fans can enjoy

Okay, so even though this article is tagged as "something even asshole new england fans can enjoy,"... it's true. I enjoyed it. It reminded me that I need to start reading KSK again even though they hate on the Patriots out of pure jealousy.

Tom Brady IS all that AND a bag of chips. And the chips are made of gold. So is the bag they're in. I literally strive to emulate his success in everything I do. Okay, I'm done with the circle jerk.

On an unrelated note, I love the shirt Stallworth has on in this picture and I want to know where I can get it.In case you can't tell I'm really looking forward to this week's game. I'd almost be willing to skip through the rest of the weekend (using a crazy blue remote control like that crappy Adam Sandler movie I never saw) just so I could watch the game already... almost, but not quite because that would be a waste of perfectly good drinking time.


"Damnit, how do I rewind to a time when I was STILL funny?!?*"
*Not including this video - it's fucking hilarious

Even though the Chargers could potentially be missing their three best players, they seemingly have the best backups in the game at two of those three positions! In this grain of salt-worthy article that gives statistical projections for the game based on repeated simulations, they claim that the backups might even have a positive impact on the game! I'm not sure I buy the argument, or in this case the projections, for Michael Turner. He's easily the best backup back in football, but LT might be the best back ever. There's no way you'd ever have an addition by subtraction situation with this guy.

Rivers on the other hand might be a bit too emotional (see: mouthing off to the crowd last week whilst injured on the sidelines and watching his backup win the game for him), while even HE admits that Volek is a lot more even-keeled - something Sir Tom demonstrates as a valuable asset in playoff football - and they have extremely similar career numbers, so maybe I can buy this scenario. In the case of both Rivers and LT, it will be colder than the teet of a witch and that doesn't bode well for a sore knee, or for that case a sore ANYTHING.

It's playoff football, the Chargers are like a chicken patty, cuz they're on a roll and there's somewhat of a rivalry here.. it WILL be a good game... mark my words... with permanent ink... and make sure it's not one of those dry erase board markers that look like permanent markers... I hate those things.

No comments: