I dont think i've been moved by a McDonalds commercial since Michael Jordan squared off against Larry Bird in an epic battle over who would rightfully eat Jordan's "Le Big Mac." Only rule: no dunking.
That was nearly 15 years ago. So maybe its not that unfathomable that Micky D's latest 30 second pimping of their new Chipotle Snack Wraps may goes down as the worst Fast Food Commercial Of ALL TIME.
MAN. i remember the first time i saw that steamy McPile of McBullshit.
How does something like this get approved?? Does anyone out there with any TV advertising experiance or even anyone who has taken a CLASS on advertising have any insight on to what drives those big corporate ad-wizards???? this is UNTOWARD....it is not toward.
my own preposterous hypothesis:
Ad Exec #1: We need something to really showcase how delicious our new Chipotle SnackWrap. Something that really resonates with our demographics....First question: Who exactly is our demographic? Who will be eating our these new "wrapped-snacks?"
Ad Exec #2: Well gee whiz...uh, the latinos? young-kids-on-the-go with expendable cash?
Ad Exec #1: YES, oh GOD YES! Now, take it a step further. I want you to get inside the mind of the Snack-Wrap Eater. What do these young latino kids do when their just "hanging out."
Ad Exec #2: Well uh, I'd imagine they do normal everyday things like you or I
Ad Exec #1: Oh lord jesus YES!!! Words cannot properly express how F---ING GREAT I think this idea is. I want something on my desk in 12 minutes. Now get you're weeble-wobble ass the f--- outta here and make our biggest McClients happy!
I've seen this commercial 30 times now. And this is how i would summarize what is happening (for some reason i wrote it in the 2nd person):
You are very attractive female, and you and you're best friends decide to do a little casual furniture re-arranging. Naturally, you got hungry and specifically requested your friend get you "a wrap, with a little spice."
Your friend decides: "Nows my chance to pull a fast one on Lisa!! I can simply pretend to take her request LITERALLY, and find her a RAPPER of Spanish origin! He'll "WRAP" and at the end i'll freestyle a little bit by mimicking the sound of a turntable!!! Yeah!! She'll be so confused..... possibly a little purturbed, but what an opportunity!! If anything, she'll find my practical joke cheeky and cute, possibly opening up a small chance to be "more than friends."
There's no downside!!! Huzzah!!
Ok on a more positive note, here are some of my favorite commercials from the past summer.
I cant post any SONIC commericals due to copyright infringement. They are truly on to something. If only there was one within 500 miles....
Spidey Comcast Triple Play
Lipton Earl Grey Tea
Burger King - Tendercrisp (oldie but a goodie)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad theres someone else who has noticed the greatness of Sonic. I watch commercial breaks simply for their commercials.
Post a Comment