Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hittin' the links like Tiger Woods

-I know that personally, every time I see ads for Fox 25 News, Maria Stephanos really gets my motor running. Fox just seems to have a knocker... I mean knack for hiring really hot female news anchors. Check out this link to see if you can tell a Fox News anchor from a porn star.

-I lived in NYC for two years... as recently as a month ago.... and I never really got harassed for my Red Sox gear. Especially on the streets! You see people in Red Sox hats all the time. If this article is accurate then things have changed very quickly. The only time I ever had anyone say ANYTHING to me was when I wore my "Coco" shirt to Yankees Stadium. What was I thinking?? That's just asking for it. If people in the big apple really have that much disdain for the Sox suddenly after their second WS title in the past few years, then what once was a mighty proud fanbase certainly has fallen.

-I'm not the biggest Simmons fan anymore - not because of anything he's done (it's not you, it's me), if anything hes remarkably consistent - however, I was amazed at how similar his thoughts in this article were to what Alex, Doug and I talked about while watching game 7 of the World Series and celebrating afterwards with drinks at the White Horse.

-I hit you with a few Red Sox articles, now a few Pats pieces. Both are about the new Patriots "scandal" these days where everyone seems to be bitching about them running up the score. Totally a media creation, for the simple reason that it's much harder to talk about the X's and O's of football, than it is to create a false scandal and get people worked up for no reason at all. First comes an article on the 'Skins game this past weekend. I like how simple Belichick makes it:
"I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on
that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score
down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop
them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the
offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for?
To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is
to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you
haven't scored points you haven't done your job."
I don't know why but I find his grumpy persona endearing. the second article is written by a member of the Washington Post a few days after the game and she's actually defending the Pats. It brings up a few major points. First - It's not the Pats' job to make sure they don't score when they have the ball... it's the other team's D that's responsible for that. Chris Cooley supported this sentiment publicly... which I find strange because he plays offense, but props nonetheless. Second - conditioning. This is huge and it's a point a lot of people are missing. If the Pats get accustomed to taking their foot off the gas pedal, they lose a stride and thus lose an edge against the better teams (i.e. this weekend against the Colts). In any other profession, when is it disrespectful to do your job to the best of your ability. The Pats are striving for perfection. In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!". Thanks Herm, now run along... I think there's a clock somewhere that needs to be mismanaged.

-Can't leave the Celts out. Piggybacking off Popkin's emotional KG video, it excites me to know that Perk and KG are meshing so well. This means strong front court D for us for the first time in years! This second one coming from an awesome site that worships to the physical god that is Kendrick Perkins, called perkisabeast.com. Why would Sheed and Agent Zero talk so much shit? I like Agent Zero... Why'd you say that Gilbert? Why? You're my hero. And you say something dirty. Like poop. Poop mouth. I hate you Agent Zero, I hate you.

-Goddamn this was a cool commercial, even if Vick kills puppies and TO is the byproduct of a human and a donkey mating.

-Not a link, but what I think is an awesome quote from Bill Nye the Science Guy (from the "whatever happened to that guy.... no wait don't answer that because I don't really care" file): "The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it."

-It really irked me when Boras/Rod decided to announce his ascension from hell/opt out of his Yankees contract during the last game of the World Series. What an attention whore. Go hump a tranny.

-Finally, the link of the week. Have you ever wondered what you would look like if you were 80 years old or of Asian descent? African descent? Ape descent? What you would look like if you were a chick? Now you can find out. Here's me as a chick... damn I'd be hot.

And me as an Asian guy - Siho, if you're reading this... we're brothers!
Me as a little boy... this is creepy because I really looked EXACTLY like this. I have a picture on my parents fridge of me at the beach and I'm making the exact same face.

Lastly - Panet of the Apes Scott.
okay, so the pics are a bit blurry... but this opens up a MAJOR can of worms here. What if Dudley was black???


No comments: