Here's a
hilarious site brought to my attention by an anonymous cheeba-loving former colleague of mine which displays hip-hop lyrics and theories in the form of graphs and charts. I'm a big fan of anything that takes street lingo and caucasian-izes it, makes it sound scholarly... or anything that generally removes it's "street smooveness." I find this humorous as a general rule of thumb. A good example would be
that Goulet skit with Will Ferrell, where GOULET! makes a hip-hop cover album.

So if you see me in the streets and I'm lookin' like someone pooped in my oatmeal, hit me with a popular rap lyric in your best nerdy white voice and it'll be sure to have me cheesin'. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lyrical board meeting to attend....
2 comments:
Absolutely brilliant.
So Mr. Funkmaster pump the beegees
and all you college students playing "Ouijas" check the spelling: R-E F-U-G-E E, get the CD from Sam Goodie (hee hee)
Post a Comment