Friday, March 21, 2008

"Yo, don't dudley my scoot!"

Scott i'm upset that your streak of "post titles featuring ejaculatory slang" ended at a paltry two. In other news, "The Honest Male Perspective" celebrated its 100th posting! With a whimper, mind you.

Between you and me dear reader, Scott, Doug and I have been secretly hoarding the funny. Thats right, for about 1 month the three of us have been using Google Reader to share the most john-blazin internet articles/clips with each other....

i know its not fair to deprave you funny clips. but lets face it. you are the middle man in this info-sharing orgy.

The REAL reason i'm posting isn't because baseball season is coming or because the Celtics are doing exactly what I predicted they'd do in this very space on October 30th. Its because I got bored on the internets again started inputting my name in various search engines....this week: URBAN DICTIONARY!

I foudn this idea is even MORE novel and cheeky than my last novel and cheeky idea of "Youtubing" myself! I found it eminently fascinating to know if my own name was being used as part of some secret (most likely urban?) amongst the social networks....am I a verb? am I noun? I was very happy with my findings...

the first definition was kinda stupid and confusing....

POPKIN:

n. 1.) A sandwhich in the 'High Speech', from Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
2.) A word Loran often calls Austin, means he is cute and sexy.

ex.} "i miss you, popkin"

See what I mean? i decree that anything/anyone that references Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series be beaten with the "nerd" shovel and have their pocket protectors and scotch-taped specticles publicly ridiculed.

definition 2 yielded much more....

POPKIN:
1)
when a man gets head while eating a frozen treat (ex. ice cream)

ex.} " Man its so hot, I could use a popkin."


Kids, this is why we write blogs. Discoveries like that and their effect upon sharing them with the world. I mean honestly, now i can finally express myself. We've all yearned for frozen treats and we've yearned for oral treats. Now know what you get when we splice them together. You get Popkin.

Popkins are satisfying. Popkins are messy. A good Popkin is hard to find? I could do this all day....but I wont. We have one more urban interpretation of the name POPKIN!

POPKIN:

Old southern term for sandwich.
ex.} "Bob please make me a peanut butter and jelly popkin"

Think about THAT next time you're at Quiznos in Mobile, Alabama. This is good stuff folks.
What happens when you go down south and ask for a sub?? you will get laughed out of the diner and will go home hungry.


Before I bounce, I searched the names of the other THMP writers: here are my favorites


DUDLEY



1) To make a really big mess of something.
2) A really big mess.
ex.{ "Yo, don't dudley my scoot!" "What a piece of dudley..."


BARKER


(1.) noun: A very unattractive woman. From dog, an animal which barks.

ex{ "That girl is a serious barker"


WARNER


Person who pretends to be a 'Goth' or 'Sweaty' 24/7m but removes all the metalgear and make-up when in the presence of Mom & Pop prior to going out for an evening meal.

Named after Brian Warner a.k.a. Marilyn Manson, who looks TOTALLY DIFFERENT without make-up and contact lenses!

ex.{ "Did you see Jim the other day in the library? I couldn't believe it - the guy's a REAL Warner!"
MOSES (definition 1)
An extremely cool, but difficult way to take a shit.

A moses is when you are freeing the "Egyptians" ... but just before they leave their "prison" you need to flush the toilet. This symbolises the parting of the seas. It is only a true MOSES if they hit a dry toilet bowl, and are then taken away to safety by the returning seas.

Your friends may claim to have pulled a perfect moses, but if there is any scepticism you can always tell by the larger than normal skid mark left on the bottom of the bowl.

This is an extremely difficult move to pull... your timing is critical!

ex.{ "WOW!! Look at that skid-mark, that was definately a legend that dropped that MOSES!! " "WOOOOO!HOOOOO! I just landed my first true-MOSES! A picture of that shits definately going on the net!!"

MOSES (definition 2)

a guy who will or had sex with a girl when she has her period,
part the red sea right?
ex. {"Betty: I got some last night. Jane: I thought you had your period? Betty: Yes, but John is freaking moses."










No comments: